Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Chip, Chip, Hooray!

What do you eat with dip? Chips? Crackers?

Me? I eat dip with a spoon. Salsa? Bean dip? Just give me a separate bowl and a spoon, please. While I love chips, I have control issues so I usually pass.

As I was passing by the chip aisle at Whole Foods a few weeks ago, a display caught my eye. I think it was the simplicity of the packaging that drew me in, and then the name: Food Should Taste Good. I can't argue with that. I stood there mesmerized by the design and the ELEVEN varieties to choose from. ELEVEN. I knew I wanted to try them, but I couldn't decide on the flavor so I left the store without a single bag.

When I got home, my curiosity got the best of me. I mean, if I'm going to break down and actually eat a chip, then it has to be good. So, I logged onto www.foodshouldtastegood.com.

I discovered these chips are:

  • Made from the highest quality, all-natural ingredients
  • Gluten free, cholesterol and trans fat free, and do not use genetically modified ingredients (GMOs)
  • Certified Kosher
  • Lower in sodium
  • A good source of dietary fiber
Sold!

On my next trip back to the store, I picked up 3 bags of Food Should Taste Good chips: Olive, Sweet Potato, and Chocolate. To my delight, each chip (or are they crackers? I'll let you decide) looked exactly as pictured on the package. Each bite delivered a depth of the flavor that gourmet chefs would celebrate.

As silly as this sounds, I tested the chips as if tasting a fine wine...with appreciation. And, like fine wine, the good people at Food Should Taste Good actually went to the trouble of making recommendations on what to serve with each flavor. They put their pairing recommendations right on the package and even included some amazing recipes on their Web site.

So the next time I make dip, I'm going to keep the spoon in the drawer and serve it with these chips. Chip! Chip! Hooray! Can you tell I'm a fan? You can become a fan of Food Should Taste Good, too by joining their Fan Club, and when you do, you will receive a $1 Coupon instantly. While you're visiting their site, check to see where they sell these chips in your neck of the woods.

Did I mention these chips come in eleven varieties? Multigrain, Sweet Potato, Olive, Jalapeno, The Works!, Buffalo, Chocolate, Potato & Chive, Cinnamon, Lime and Yellow Corn.


I think they should create at least one more flavor so they have an even number. That way they can start a flavor of the month club and we could be their charter members. To help them fulfill this (really good) idea, I thought we should brainstorm the 12th flavor on their behalf.

I have 5 coupons for one FREE bag of chips to give away. Just enter the NEW flavor you would recommend adding to their line up in the comments section below.

Be sure to submit your response by 12:00 A.M. CST and you will be entered into the drawing. I'll draw 5 winners and announce them here Thursday, September 3rd.

13 comments:

Geri 5:33 AM, September 02, 2009  

Olive

Chrisanne Romeo 5:40 AM, September 02, 2009  

I vote for Lime and Yellow Corn.

Unknown 7:45 AM, September 02, 2009  

I would suggest "Cheesy Onion" (:

Anonymous 7:54 AM, September 02, 2009  

I go with white cheddar. Yum!

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 10:09 AM, September 02, 2009  

Everything's better with cheddar! ;-)

Dawn 11:18 AM, September 02, 2009  

French Onion

bobbie 2:35 PM, September 02, 2009  

i suggest cheesy onion

Shannon 6:12 PM, September 02, 2009  

garlic and onion!

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 8:42 PM, September 02, 2009  

PEANUT BUTTER!

Geri 10:25 PM, September 02, 2009  

I answered way too early this morning... so i am changing my answer to ........
.Rosemary and Olive.

Anonymous 10:54 PM, September 02, 2009  

Truffle oil/Parm

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 9:08 AM, September 03, 2009  

I know this contest has closed, but I just want to suggest Pumpkin Spice chips, before I forgot.

Geri 7:25 PM, September 08, 2009  

I was a lucky winner and my coupon arrived today...Wonder what kind I will get....Thanks, Joanna...

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP