Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sunday School

I hope your long weekend includes good food and good friends...and in either case, a few nuts.

Looking for a great way to round out your weekend? Watch some TV or rent a great movie (speaking of nuts, here is short clip from one of my favorite movies, Best In Show). Or, just find time to unwind and make something new, or simply light a candle or two.

Which brings me to your Sunday School assignment.

Take a moment to reflect on this quote:

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle." - James Keller

You are so bright. Pass it on.

4 comments:

Geri 11:42 AM, September 06, 2009  

I love "Sunday School"
Great review and that is one of my favorite quotes! It is on my frig!

Lance 9:51 PM, September 06, 2009  

Joanna,
That quote is so wonderful! And if we share our own light, we don't lose anything either. I know I've been there, where I've thought "why should I share this" - this good thing in my life. And the truth is, by not sharing - by not letting our own true light out into the world - we keep the world a little darker than it could be. And when we do let it out, it's not like our light looses anything, it's just that that light might touch someone else in a deeply meaningful way, and really move them to share their own unique light.

And just think how much more bright and amazing our world would be if we all did this - shared that light that's deep within us.

Such a great thougth today, Joanna...

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 7:34 AM, September 07, 2009  

I recently heard someone speak about the importance of sharing our gifts and how it's our responsibility to do so. Not sharing our gifts could deprive someone else of what we know.

So simple, but so true....at work and in our every day lives.

Thank you, Lance.

Yum Yucky 9:35 PM, September 07, 2009  

Best In Show! I love that movie, which is pretty ironic since Josie and dogs don't mix.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP