Thursday, September 03, 2009

Peanut Butter & Justin

I had a nasty break up with peanut butter a few months ago. I blame myself. I was becoming rather obsessed, constantly nagging it, sticking my knife in it over and over again. And then one day, I covered the remains in Comet and buried it in my garbage can. And I haven't invited another nut like that back in my house since.

Until! One day, following this domestic disturbance, I did a double take at the grocery store. It was love at first sight. Justin's Nut Butter packaged in single serve packets! Could this be the start of a healthy relationship? YES! We have been seeing each other ever since.

I am just starting to get to know Justin but I already knead to squeeze him every time we get together! We go on long walks, bike rides, picnics, and sometimes I'll make dinner at my place (I make quite a spread).

I've been introduced to a few members of Justin's all-natural and organic family: Honey and Classic 
Peanut,
 Honey and Classic Almond and their daughter,
 Maple
. I think he said there's a Cinnamon Peanut, too, but she must have been on a date. So far, I like them all even though they are a little nutty.

In the Fall, Justin promises to introduce me to his friends: Organic Chocolate Peanut, All-Natural Chocolate Almond and All-Natural Chocolate Hazelnut. Naturally, I can't wait to meet them, they sound sweet.

If you haven't met Justin yet, here's your chance. I have an entire 16 ounce jar and ten 1.5 ounce packets to share with one lucky reader. Tell us 1 healthy thing you are obsessed with in the comments section below and you will be entered to win this prize package. Be sure to enter the drawing by 12:00 A.M. CST and check back Justin-time on Friday to see if you are the lucky winner.

13 comments:

Shannon 7:12 AM, September 03, 2009  

I'm totally obsessed with bananas and peanut butter, of course!

Geri 7:53 AM, September 03, 2009  

Nuts!

Yum Yucky 7:59 AM, September 03, 2009  

I'd much rather have a cute college boy named Justin show up at my house. But, okay, I'm obsessed with my Greek Yogurt...stuff my mouth as we speak.

Anonymous 8:14 AM, September 03, 2009  

I'm obsessed with fresh veggies. Randy calls me the "Rabbit" cause I love to munch on lettuce, carrots, celery tomatoes (with a little salt and pepper), or and the one he hates the most... Mushrooms MMM.

Anonymous 8:15 AM, September 03, 2009  

carlson's lemony fish oil! it's great, and no fishy aftertaste so it's not painful (or gross) to keep up on your healthy fats. thank YOU for telling me about them!!

Unknown 8:32 AM, September 03, 2009  

Exercise every morning with my girls - trying to instill the joy of exercise in their little hearts! I'm going to hunt out that peanut butter - the hazelnut sounds devine...I'll have a new mantra: walk and peanut butter. :)

Kristina B 9:26 AM, September 03, 2009  

I'm obsessed with GT's Kombucha... so many healthy benefits, and it makes you feel amazing!

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 9:34 AM, September 03, 2009  

Shannon,

I love pb & banana's, too. Edencr and I were just talking about splitting banana's horizontally and smearing peanut butter inside and eating it like a sandwich. Edencr said something about then rolling the banana in honey and granola or something nutty like that.

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 9:35 AM, September 03, 2009  

Kristina, What flavor of Kombucha do you like the best?

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 9:41 AM, September 03, 2009  

Yum,

I am obsessed with Greek yogurt at the moment, too. Did you see that Chobani got a crazy high NuVal score? Michelle wrote all about it on her blog a few weeks ago.

So far, I've only had plain and vanilla flavors. I mix in cinnamon, but I also bought some Simply Organic ranch dips to mix in for a dip to serve with all of those veggies Erin mentioned.

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 10:45 AM, September 03, 2009  

(Yum: Edit my comment above , I meant Melissa's blog. I was thinking about Michelle's healthy living obsession and typed her name in accident. My bad.)

Unknown 4:13 PM, September 03, 2009  

Vitamin D (the indoor or outdoor kind) (:

Ali 10:28 PM, September 03, 2009  

I love eating those mini oranges. =]

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP