Friday, August 07, 2009

Only good people read my blog

My mom always told me "It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice." I like to think I took her advice, but some days it never hurts to have another gentle reminder. This is exactly why the first email I read everyday gives me a new idea on how to do some good.

I recently joined a network of Do Gooders. It's a pretty nice group of people I have to admit, so I know you'll fit right in. 

The mission of DailyChallenge.org is simply to inspire people to do something good every single day. The network activates people around the world to practice daily acts of kindness, because a lot of people doing little things can create big change.


Here's how it works:




I challenge you to join DailyChallenge.org. Don't worry, there is no cost to join and the assignments are quite easy. For example, one assignment this week was to pay two people a compliment, another was to support your community by selecting locally grown produce. Things you were probably planning on doing anyway, knowing you.

Once you've signed up you will receive an email delivered each day with challenges submitted by your fellow members. You can even contribute challenges throughout the network as well.

I know you are already quite good, but can you be just a little do-gooder? 

4 comments:

Yum Yucky 9:01 AM, August 07, 2009  

Oh gosh. Being good is such hard work. (I'll check it out)

JESandme 6:37 PM, August 07, 2009  

What a great site! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous 10:58 PM, August 07, 2009  

This was so great. Stop and think and get a good deed done! EVERYDAY! Somedays it is more challanging than others, but really, go out of your way and do it. It will come back :) thanks for posting this reminder!

Miz 6:03 AM, August 10, 2009  

Id never seen that site before

and yes

I can always always do more.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP