Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fast Food


I just happen to be a vegetarian and I find it a bit fishy that even I can enjoy something from a company called BIRDS EYE. They might consider opening another division and call it something like "Apple of My Eye" specifically for their vegetable line (but, that might be a little fruity).

Nevertheless, I will continue to buy Birds Eye Steamfresh Fresh Frozen Vegetables by the case full. I love that you can stick the entire bag in the microwave for 5 minutes and have perfectly steamed vegetables in, well, 5 minutes.

My friend (and figure athlete!) Sabrina steams her favorite vegetable blend, mixes them with a little bit of cheese, mustard, tuna, and almonds....and bingo...lunch is served! Now that's what I call fast food! I think I have created a similar vegetable bowl every single day since she gave me this tip. That was 3 months ago.

Birds Eye offers us their Steamfresh line in a variety of combinations. I happen to be in love with their healthy mix of broccoli, edamame, carrots, and crunchy water chestnuts. They call
this their Baby Broccoli Blend. Who knew broccoli had babies? I think this calls for a meeting with the Big Birds Eye himself so I can give him a little ear full.

3 comments:

Anonymous 1:02 PM, August 18, 2009  

Have you tried Green Giant Health Blends? I think all of these are great.......

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 2:33 PM, August 19, 2009  

Hi there! I haven't tried Green Giant's yet...but I'm heading to the grocery store now so I'll look for them. Thanks for the suggestion!

Do you have a favorite blend?

Anonymous 4:20 PM, August 20, 2009  

Nope - like them all really....

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP