Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sunday School

Now that you've had your coffee, worked out, read the paper, and gone to church. It's time for Sunday School. 


Today's lesson: Food prep.

One of the things I've gotten in the habit of doing on Sunday afternoons is prepping food for the week ahead. It saves a ton of time during the week and keeps me on track so I don't make horrible, no good, very bad food choices.

Here's what I do:
  • Cut up a ton of veggies so they are ready to toss into salads, stir-fry, eggs, and side dishes
  • Whip up crustless quiches baked in muffin tins
  • Bag my own 100 calorie packs of almonds
  • Bake batches of homemade protein bars and wrap them up into individual serving sizes
  • Hard boil eggs to eat as snacks, top spinach salads, or make into egg salad
  • Slow cook oatmeal or steel cut oats to heat up each morning
  • Brew coffee and green tea to mix in with shakes or just enjoy over ice
Now, I don't eat meat, but if I did, I'd probably grill up a few extra pieces of chicken breasts to serve with salads, wraps, or a healthy chicken salad.

Just some food for thought. Now, go get chopping, do some laundry, and don't forget to say grace before you eat.

Class dismissed, home-schoolers.

3 comments:

She-Fit 4:57 PM, August 02, 2009  

I love all these ideas... I might just have to steal these from you :)

Yum Yucky 5:56 AM, August 03, 2009  

Oh gosh, I wish I was so organized!I need to start making small steps towards this type of system. Perhaps I'll boil an egg this morning?

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 8:47 AM, August 03, 2009  

She-Fit, Please use these ideas! Simple but effective. It looks like you've got some great ideas up your sleeves, too!

Yum, It's a great habit to get into! And, yes..boil an egg this morning, and why you're at it, throw in the entire dozen now to save you time later.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP