Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Peanut Butter & Jelly Salad

I made Peanut Butter & Jelly Salad for lunch yesterday. WHAT? You heard me right, Peanut Butter & Jelly SALAD!

I'm pretty sure Rachael Ray inspired me to toss this creation together after reading two of her recipes, one for something like peanut butter and jelly trail mix and the other for peanut butter salad dressing. I simply mixed the two ideas together and ended up with this tasty little number.


Here's the recipe:

  • Spinach
  • Dried cranberries
  • Peanut butter mixed with water

That's it! 3 ingredients...4 if you count the water. I'm not sure if it's legal to call this a recipe, but I'll risk the ticket.

As you can see in the picture, I used a powdered peanut butter called PB2, but any peanut butter diluted with water will do to make the dressing. I like PB2 because I cannot be trusted with a jar of peanut butter. It's too easy for me to overdose on just about any nut butter, to be honest. However, I can handle this powdered version as it needs to be mixed with water to form a peanut butter-like consistency.

If I do say so myself, I think this turned out to be a wonderful Peanut Butter & Jelly creation, minus the
Wonder Bread. I think you should give it a try.

Now, I'm off to go work on my pitch to the Food Network for a show called "30 Second Meals " as I think this recipe would make a great season premier. While I have an appreciation for Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals program, I think even Rachael would agree sometimes you just want a meal on the lighter side and one that saves you 29 and 1/2 minutes.

3 comments:

Yum Yucky 8:33 AM, August 14, 2009  

Ooo. This one is over the edge in adventurism, but I'll be glad to pick off the cranberries! LOL

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 8:37 AM, August 14, 2009  

Yum Yucky...you gotta try it, you just gotta! It will make you change your name to Yum Yummy once and for all! ;)

Kelly Olexa 3:09 PM, August 25, 2009  

LOVE IT!!! ;-)

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP