Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shoes with a soul

When I grow up, I want to have a title like 'Chief Shoe Giver'. Blake Mycoskie's holds this title as founder of TOMS Shoes. TOMS Shoes, named for the idea that there can be a better tomorrow, is a company that incorporates giving in every thing they do. For every pair of TOMS shoes purchased they give a pair of shoes away to a child in need.



Chances are you've seen the AT&T commercial featuring TOMS Shoes, or watched Blake's story on CNBC's The Entrepreneurs, or even read about TOMS Shoes somewhere along the way. My friend Sheila actually took the extra step and ordered a pair of their shoes and inspired me to write about this amazing organization.

As I was researching TOMS Shoes I was moved by the magnitude of their mission. Since they started in 2006, they have given away 140,000 pairs of shoes and plan to give away 300,000 pairs of shoes this year. Because of this, children in need around the world have protection from disease that can spread through foot sores. Not only that, these children can walk longer distances to get things we take for granted everyday like food, water, clothing, shelter and medical attention.

I encourage you to stop by www.tomsshoes.com to learn more about this organization. If you need a new pair of shoes, you might as well shop while you're there. I have my eye on a pair of TOMS boots that I might pick up for the Fall. I guess if I can't be a 'Chief Shoe Giver' I can step up and be a 'Pretty Good Buyer'.

2 comments:

Anonymous 7:27 AM, August 20, 2009  

That is so awesome! I love the commercial with him in it!

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 9:51 PM, August 22, 2009  

Yes! Isn't it amazing how much good can be done when someone puts their mind to?

My friend Sheila just got her shoes and she loves them. I haven't seen them on her yet, but she promised to wear them when we're together this week.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP