Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heavenly Hummus


I am brand-loyal to a handful of products, one of them is Sabra hummus, olive-it


I discovered Sabra hummus at two different Food Marketing tradeshows. The first event inspired me to come home and bug my local grocery store to carry the brand---eventually they gave in. I'm pretty sure that during the second tradeshow the Sabra team was going to charge me rent for hanging out at their booth and eating most of their samples. It's their own fault for introducing their salsa at the conference and being strategically positioned so close to the Corona booth (but that's not important right now).

Sabra hummus is smooth, full of flavor and perfectly packaged. Their hummus comes in many flavors from plain to garlic, and from mild to spicy. I've tried every last one and I haven't found flavor I didn't like.

"Olive-hummus" as a healthy alternative to mayonnaise condiments, for example:
  • I serve it as a dip to accompany raw vegetables 
  • I eat it as a topping for semi-homemade chips (just lightly spray low-carb wheat tortillas with olive oil, toss them in the oven until crispy and then cut with a pizza cutter into triangles)
  • I mix it in with steamed vegetables as a side dish
  • I spoon it on top of salads
  • I toss it in with tuna-salad as a substitute for mayo

Look for Sabra hummus at your grocery store, Super Target, and Costco. Then, dive right in, I think you'll agree the chickpea has never tasted so good.


6 comments:

Anonymous 2:34 PM, July 30, 2009  

My Sweet Girl. You are so lucky to have attended these trade shows that allowed you to be introduced to this great product (never mind the company you were with when you first discovered this treasure). My favorite flavor is the traditional. And the best food to eat it with is ... EVERYTHING!! LOL
Your PV pal

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 6:36 PM, July 30, 2009  

You are totally giving me flashbacks to munching on hummus and crackers in our rental cars. Nothing like lunch on the go while on conference between store visits!

(GO PAYVANTAGE! I couldn't help myself)

Anonymous 10:17 AM, August 01, 2009  

Sabra does not taste like real Hummus - it is like a soy spread.

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 6:19 PM, August 01, 2009  

Hi there! I'd love to learn about your favorite brands or recipes for hummus. I'm always looking for new ideas. Thanks a bunch!

Tanya 10:24 AM, August 03, 2009  

Yes - yes - yes - this flavor is the best! Couldn't resist the rhyme. Loving the blog.

Joanna Sutter, www.fitnessandspice.com 3:45 PM, August 03, 2009  

Tanya,

I just got back from Super Target and noticed they had snack sized Sabra packaged up with a few pretzels. And, they came in several flavors, too!

Sometimes good things really do come in small packages! : )

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP