Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Joy of Cookies.

I have been searching for an oatmeal cookie recipe I can eat after a workout without guilt.  I am happy to report I have found one. A very good one.


Carrie came through and delivered a recipe that I just love. Because I'm giving her all the credit ; -), I'm sure she won't mind that I pass it on to you.




Joanna Banana (I mean...) Carrie's Banana Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies 
 

1 1/2 cups oat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup choc chips
1 tsp canola oil
1/3 cup soymilk
1/2 cup banana puree (1 med size banana)
1 tsp vanilla extract
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.   Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.   Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until well combined.   
 
Use a medium size ice cream scoop or a large spoon to scoop batter onto a cookies sheet covered with waxed paper.   Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking, or bake until the edges of the cookies are light brown.   



Now, you will never believe this (insert sarcasm and a few eye-rolls here) but I made a few substitutions to this recipe. Here are the adjustments I made:
  • I used 1 cup of oat flour plus 1/2 cup of vanilla protein powder
  • I used Splenda for baking in place of the raw sugar
  • I used unsweetened almond milk in place of soymilk
  • I used coconut oil in place of the canola
  • And, of course I used Ghirardelli chocolate chips
Let's raise our glasses (of milk or coffee) and give it up for Carrie who has given me a belly full of joy and cookies.


1 comments:

Anonymous 4:37 PM, July 21, 2009  

Num num num

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP