Saturday, July 18, 2009

My favorite chocolate is like me: bittersweet.


I like my chocolate like my coffee: strong and dark. So I'd like to introduce you to my new love: Ghiradelli Extra Bittersweet Chocolate for baking. 


I've been sprinkling a handful of these chips into pumpkin bread, homemade protein bars, and on top of my Joanna Banana Ice Cream. I think they'll make a great addition to a simple handful of natural almonds or as a topping to a bowl of oatmeal, too. 

Next week (and by next week, I mean tomorrow!) I'm going to toss them into a new oatmeal/banana cookie recipe Carrie (finally) sent me. I'll let you know how those turn out.

I found these Ghiradelli gems at my Super Target in the baking section. I was delighted to see they were on clearance for about 1/2 price and freaked out when the grocery manager told me they weren't going to carry them anymore. So, I bought 8 packages. It was a bittersweet moment.


1 comments:

Kira 10:27 PM, August 12, 2009  

Now, those little critters look delicious!

:P

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP